Unable to add attachments

Jump to solution
01-18-2024 11:24 AM
Ginger_T_Range
New Contributor II

Attachments: No attachment found

I’m unable to add attachments.  Below are the steps I’ve taken

1. Enabled attachments
  2. Generated an attachment table and saved it to the folder with the images to attach.
  3. Added attachments using the attachment table.
  4. Enabled Show Attachments in the pop-up configurations.

When I click on a feature no attachments are showing

However, I am able to add attachments manually during an edit session.

I don’t want to do this manually in an edit session since there are over 1,000 features that need to have attachments added to them.

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ginger_T_Range
New Contributor II

I talked with ESRI support and they were able to resolve this.  I needed to use the OID from my feature class as the input join field when adding the attachments.  😁

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

Assuming you are working with a feature class in a file geodatabase.

Enabling attachments on a feature class generates the relationship class and attachments table. You don't need to enable attachments and generate a table. It also should be in the geodatabase, not the folder.

After that point, you need to append the attachments to the table with the parentglobalid of your features. Otherwise the photos won't be related to the features. You may be able to identify the feature globalids through filenames + the feature classes attribute table.

So what feature classes are you working with? What data/photos/tables do you have to work with? If you can help fill in the gaps in the post we may be able to pinpoint where things are going wrong. From the info provided, it sounds like you either have two tables, or aren't populating the relationship key in the attachments table.

0 Kudos
Ginger_T_Range
New Contributor II

I’m actually working with an Enterprise SDE geodatabase Feature class.  I want to link photos (jpgs/pdfs) that are stored in a file/folder to the feature class. 

I’ve enabled attachments in the feature class and generated attachment table(s). The jpg’s name matches the name of the asset id in the feature clash which I used as a join field.

I created one attachment table in the folder where the images are stored and created another one in the SDE geodatabase. 

I’ve tried adding attachments using the attachment table stored in the SDE that failed to add the attachments. I then used the attachment table store in the file where the photos are stored and that also failed. 

0 Kudos
Ginger_T_Range
New Contributor II

I talked with ESRI support and they were able to resolve this.  I needed to use the OID from my feature class as the input join field when adding the attachments.  😁

jesumalaga
New Contributor

Hi, I have a similar problem. I have a layer of polylines in an ESRI GDB with 289 records to which I want to attach pdf and png documents.

The layer has the "enable attachments" tool enabled, and it recognizes some of these attachments but at a certain point, when attaching the attached documents, it marks 0 as if it did not attach anything.

I have tried extracting the layer, copying the records and editing them again and it does not exceed the maximum weight allowed in the GDB, any ideas?

0 Kudos