Trying to view Meteosat data from netCDF file - geostationary satellite?

12-20-2021 06:17 AM
CatherineBuckland1706
New Contributor

Hi ArcGIS community, 

I have been sent a netCDF file with some data that I would ultimately like to plot in raster form in ArcGIS Pro. I have managed to open the data, but the projection is wrong (currently undefined) and has plotted the data far from the basemap. I have been told by the data provider that it has come direct from Meteosat and therefore is in the Geostationary Satellite projection. But when I try to define the projection, the 'Geostationary Satellite' projection is not in the list. I have the satellite height information. Any ideas how I can transform the dataset so that I can plot it at the same projection as my other rasters and base layer?

Many thanks

Catherine 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CatherineBuckland1706
New Contributor

Hi ArcGIS community, 

I have been sent a netCDF file with some data that I would ultimately like to plot in raster form in ArcGIS Pro. I have managed to open the data, but the projection is wrong (currently undefined) and has plotted the data far from the basemap. I have been told by the data provider that it has come direct from Meteosat and therefore is in the Geostationary Satellite projection. But when I try to define the projection, the 'Geostationary Satellite' projection is not in the list. I have the satellite height information. Any ideas how I can transform the dataset so that I can plot it at the same projection as my other rasters and base layer?

Many thanks

Catherine 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should confirm your information with the comments here

Spatial reference for netCDF data—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos