Trying to use the append tool

Jump to solution
01-27-2022 11:40 AM
Labels (1)
Zelong
by
New Contributor II

I am trying to append an existing layer with the result of a GEOcoder.  

I am getting this error code when trying to run it:

Zelong_1-1643312110978.png

I did go into field mapping to try and make the fields match with each other but I am still not having any luck

When I try "Use the field Map to reconcile field differences" 

This is what i see and I am wondering if the 0s by the field names are part of the problem.

Zelong_0-1643312063791.png

Any help is welcome.

Also the process is working in Arc map, we are trying to get this process working in Pro.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Field Mapping section, for each of the output fields (in red), Click Add New Source and choose the appropriate field from Input table.

JayantaPoddar_0-1643338678520.png

Also ensure that the Field DataType is same for the target table and the mapped field from input table.

Think Location

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

It's either some fields are still not matching or it's a bug.  If you think it's the latter, the best is to log a BUG with Esri Customer Care, which will get our attention quickly.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

000466: <value> does not match the schema of target <value>.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Append (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Your input datasets should be examined.  Are they gdb tables?  What are the actual field properties for each field? do they match between tables?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In Field Mapping section, for each of the output fields (in red), Click Add New Source and choose the appropriate field from Input table.

JayantaPoddar_0-1643338678520.png

Also ensure that the Field DataType is same for the target table and the mapped field from input table.

Think Location
0 Kudos
Zelong
by
New Contributor II

Thanks everyone!  

0 Kudos
Patricia_Foster
New Contributor II

Has a BUG ever been found with the APPEND tool?  I'm having an issue where even after I've made sure all fields are mapped (I've told each output field, which input field to use, etc.), the APPEND tool completes without errors, but when I look at my table, the tool only successfully appended ONE record, when it should've been many more.  I use "Load Data" in Desktop, with Catalog, and the tool works fine.  

0 Kudos