Trouble with ModelBuilder model

11-11-2021 03:42 PM
Labels (2)
MikeMadson
New Contributor III

I have been trying to run a ModelBuilder model in a project package to be able to create a model output. I hope to send the model to a client, with the model still functional.  The model works fine in the project itself, but not in the project package. When I try to run the model, a message saying “Failed to execute (Clip)” comes up. When I validate the model, all of the shapes turn gray, except for ‘Clip’ and all immediately adjacent features. When I validate THEN run the model, I get these errors.

• Error 000622: Failed to execute (Clip). Parameters are not valid.
  • Error 000732: Input Features or Dataset: Dataset [source of dataset] does not exist or is not supported
  • Error 000732: Clip Features: Dataset [source of dataset] does not exist or is not supported
  • Failed to execute (Clip)

I recently updated to ArcPro Version 2.9, so I think I made these attempts in Version 2.8 (hopefully that doesn't make things too complicated)

0 Kudos
15 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have never been a big fan of packages, which work by unzipping a bunch of cruft into a users's documents folder (with the aforementioned long, nasty paths with spaces, which have a bad habit of breaking spatial analyst tools.). I would know more about if I hadn't have had problems like this whenever I have tried it. 

I have been more successful just making sure relative paths are set in the model tool properties and zipping the entire project folder. Even then I have had problems with hard-coded paths in my models this term working with students. I need to spend more time on this to figure out the best practices in Pro (vs ArcMap). 

Another tip to make model tools more portable is to make liberal use of memory (in_memory in ArcMap) (as long as data not too big)  and environment based paths (%workspace%, %scratchGDB%, %scratchFolder%) so my model tools aren't as dependent on paths that may not be there.

0 Kudos
MikeMadson
New Contributor III

Sometimes, I get a message that says "Failed to load system tools", as shown below. This is in the map project.

0 Kudos
MikeMadson
New Contributor III

I also have gotten these transformation warnings (in both the project and project package). I get the one on the left below upon opening the project, as well as when I open the project package.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The transformation warning has to do with the coordinate systems of the inputs. Some transformations between horizontal datums are simply not supported. You can probably turn this message off by turning off the geotransformations in the backstage (settings).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Error: Failed to load system tools (esri.com)

You got one without a trackback, but it probably means you have a bad install

... sort of retired...
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have seen this when I have an old incompatible extension installed (ie my uninstall of the old version did not include everything ArcGIS).

0 Kudos