Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble Exporting Colorblind Color Scheme

05-06-2024 12:33 PM
KellyHanne
New Contributor

Hello.  I received a request for an updated Ward map from one of our councilmembers who is blue-colorblind.  I selected the Tritanopia color scheme in the accessibility settings, but the original color scheme remains when I export to PDF.  I have to be missing something in the export settings, but I'm not finding it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

from the help:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/color-vision-deficiency-simulator.htm

"An applied color simulation mode is also not included when exporting the map, layout, or report to a file, exporting to an animation video, or when sharing to a web map or a web scene."

the tool is meant to be a way to check how your cartography works with those with color vision deficiency, not a way to export for those who have a color vision deficiency. 

The recommended workflow would be to ensure that (for example) different symbology classes are still distinguishable/distinct when using the deficiency view, then modify the symbology if there are issues.

0 Kudos