Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble calculating fields on Hosted Feature Layers in ArcGIS Pro

03-10-2023 08:16 AM
ZField
by
Emerging Contributor

I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues using the field calculator on hosted feature layers brought into Pro from ArcGIS Online through the content portal. Whenever I try to calculate, I encounter an error (see screenshot below). However, if I import the hosted feature layer into a local geodatabase and run the field calculator on a field, it works fine.

I have full editing capabilities on the hosted feature layer, and I am the owner and author of the data. Unfortunately, I don't want to resort to saving a local copy of the data and overwriting the web layer, as this causes problems in other applications downstream.

Edit: Just to clarify, the error occurs when I use the field calculator in the hosted feature layer (GRID) with a join from a different feature layer. I have attached a screenshot of the error message, ERROR 999999.

ZField_0-1678548453575.png

5 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Are you able to post a screenshot or the exact text of the error you see ?

0 Kudos
ZField
by
Emerging Contributor

Just added one. Thanks for looking into this!

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am having this same problem

0 Kudos
NavaSheer
Regular Contributor

I also had similar problem.  We did not get an error , but at the end of th calculate process, now new data was added.

0 Kudos
LizMoore_fws
Emerging Contributor

I'm having this problem using Pro 3.1.4:  I join a table to a hosted feature service and all field calculates from the joined fields are empty.

0 Kudos