Trees From LiDAR Tool (TreePointsFromLiDARForPro) failure

10-12-2022 02:57 PM
Labels (2)
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Question for @ArthurCrawford or anyone else in the know...

I'm trying to run the  TreePointsFromLidDARForPro on ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1 (downloaded here yesterday).

I'm using 2020 NAIP 4-band imagery downloaded from USGS EarthExplorer and a LAS Dataset that I created. All data are stored locally on the same Azure virtual machine that I'm using to run Pro. I also have the deep learning frameworks for ArcGIS installed, if that makes any difference.

Here are my parameters:

HollyTorpey_LSA_2-1665611177838.png

The only environment variable I changed in this last attempt was the Processing Extent, which I set to my current 1:2,308 display extent (though I've tried tinkering with various other environment variables on past attempts with no luck).

I've tried running it with my LAS dataset unfiltered and filtered to only high vegetation. I've tried using my NAIP mosaic as well as just one tile. I've tried processing using the GPU and the CPU.

Each time I run the tool, I get these error messages after only a couple of seconds (I never make it past "Running..." to a progress bar):

HollyTorpey_LSA_3-1665611284889.png

Can anyone see if I'm doing something obvious wrong? Which of my parameters is invalid? I appreciate any suggestions you can provide!

Thanks!

- Holly
0 Kudos
0 Replies