Select to view content in your preferred language

Transform Edit tool and Displacement Links

5 hours ago
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the Transform Edit tool to interactively create Displacement Links to spatially align a some GDB Features (that were previous in DWG CAD format).

Topic 1: Alignment issues

Q1a. It seems to align OK with the Target data, but not great, and I've tried over several times with various numbers of, and link locations, and pretty-much get the same result. Is this possibly indicating that the GIS Target data is not that great -- because I assume the source being CAD data originally created in inch units probably is accurate?

Q1b. If that's not possibly the reason, is there something else I can do to improve the alignment in GIS?

Topic 2: Displacement Links

Q2a. Are these associated Coordinates not displayed or accessed anywhere -- similar to what is used when Georeferencing with Control Points?

Q2b. In fact, what is the real difference between Control Points and Displacement Links? I suppose I was thinking that there would be something that resembled what a Displacement Link Text file looks like if you created your own to just "load" instead of interactively doing it..?

Q2c.With that, is a World file only associated with Georeferencing, because I don't see one created via the Transform edit tool process.

0 Kudos
0 Replies