Select to view content in your preferred language

Traceback error when creating coefficient raster with GWR tool

06-06-2022 05:45 AM
Labels (2)
EmmaE1
by
New Contributor II

I'm getting the following error message when trying to produce a coefficient raster within ArcGIS Pro using the GWR tool:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 4555, in execute
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\GWR.py", line 1068, in createPredictionRasters
spatialRef = ssdo.spatialRef)
File "c:\program files\arcgis\pro\Resources\ArcToolbox\Scripts\SSUtilities.py", line 4419, in minBoundGeomPoints
"", "MBG_FIELDS")
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 4568, in MinimumBoundingGeometry
raise e
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\management.py", line 4565, in MinimumBoundingGeometry
retval = convertArcObjectToPythonObject(gp.MinimumBoundingGeometry_management(*gp_fixargs((in_features, out_feature_class, geometry_type, group_option, group_field, mbg_fields_option), True)))
File "C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcPy\arcpy\geoprocessing\_base.py", line 512, in <lambda>
return lambda *args: val(*gp_fixargs(args, True))
arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.

Followed by

> ERROR 000354: The name contains invalid characters Failed to execute
> (MinimumBoundingGeometry).

It looks to me like an invalid name is created during the raster creation process.

Has anyone run into this problem before or know of a way to solve it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Emma - this Error Code description webpage may assist you.  It does appear somewhere in the GP tool parameters that you have an invalid character somewhere.

0 Kudos
EmmaE1
by
New Contributor II

Hi - thank you. I have done that, it appears as if the invalid character is being added within the GWR tool and doesn't seem to be linked to any of the input I am providing (as far as I can tell)

0 Kudos