Select to view content in your preferred language

Trace file storage in catalog

4 weeks ago
Labels (2)
Emily2
by
New Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to determine where the files on my catalog pane are being stored. They are layouts and map frames handed down to me. I have looked through all the files on the computer and can not determine where the past mapper stored them.

Is there a way to trace the files?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RonaldHaug
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Emily,

ArcGIS Pro stores files to the C drive/ documents/ ArcGIS/Projects/ "Project Name".

The contents of your project are in the "Project Name" folder. The project file has the .aprx suffix.

What's nice about this arrangement is you can copy the project and paste it just about anywhere and not have dropped file location issues.

Once you have the project open you can maneuver to the top left hand corner, click on Project and then click on Options. This will be revealed:

RonaldHaug_0-1720630533587.png

If you're looking for the file location of a feature class, click on the feature class, then right click and select Properties, the click on Source. This will be revealed:

RonaldHaug_1-1720630780795.png

Please let us know if this answers your question.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

You can hover over the file/folder in Catalog and the popup will show you the path:

RhettZufelt_0-1720636512153.png

or, right click the folder in the catalog pane and choose "Show in File Explorer" (or "Copy Path"):

RhettZufelt_1-1720636542999.png

R_

0 Kudos