TopoToRaster failing within model, fine outside

07-10-2020 07:48 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought that I was imagining this, but I've tried it several times. When I run "TopoToRaster" from within a model, the output does not display. It loads into the map, when I zoom to it, I am sent where I expect to be. There are no errors. The values in the render are what I expect. Coordinate System is fine. Spatial extent is fine. There are columns and rows. The file has a reasonable size. 

I've symbolized several different ways - stretch, unique values, etc... 

It will not show.

When I run the tool from the toolbox, it works fine. I see the output and every single parameter I check is identical the output from within the model that I am unable to see.

Anyone else experience this?

Thank you,

Randy

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

To test, I decided to use the input of an invisible raster to a tool (Raster to Tin).

With ones that were run from modelbuilder, I get this error:

Which I do not understand at all. Why does it matter if the input has a lock? It's not being altered.

When I use a raster created outside of the workspace, it runs fine, no errors, no locks. A tin is created.

Something weird is going on here.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Checked a couple other tools. They reject the input raster if it was created within model, Got a nice "Unknown error. Contact ESRI Support."

The model builder is doing something to this tool, but I don't know what it is.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

050045: Failed to add Raster domain.—Help | Documentation 

don't know what the boundary should have to do with it, but that is the error.

Are you using rasters in a gdb or *.tif (recommended by esri for raster work) ?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Dan. Turns out, I've blundered into a bug.

https://community.esri.com/thread/250935-arcgis-pro-25-topo-raster-tool-fails-to-generate-an-output-... 

I have a feeling that error is not a "real" error. Just something thrown up by a failing process.

0 Kudos