Table to Excel not ending properly

Jump to solution
06-26-2022 01:29 AM
LéonRastoul
New Contributor II

I just switched to ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and encountered a problem with the Table to Excel function.

When executing the function, it does write the output file (.xlm) successfully, but the process in ArcGIS doesn't stop. This is preventing me from starting any other function. Cancelling the "Table to Excel" isn't really an option, as the cancelling process also takes an infinite amount of time. There is a process in the task manager "ExceltoSQLite64" which has a high CPU usage.

Is there a way to fix this ?

Edit: I've included a Test File in case anyone wants to try with the same file.

Thanks.

26 Replies
CaiShu
by
New Contributor

Same problem

0 Kudos
PatriciaKJ
New Contributor II

Me, too.  There's some vague text that says that you need to have the Microsoft access driver and the .Net SDK loaded before installation; I uninstalled, verified everything was in place, and re-installed.  Still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

To install Pro 3, you need the .NET Desktop Runtime 64 bit.  NOT the .NET Runtime, but the Desktop Runtime 64 bit.

You also need the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 64-bit driver to access the Excel files.  However, if you already have the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 32-bit driver installed, you will also need the 32-bit .NET Desktop Runtime as well.

So, if you have both Pro and Map installed, you will need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit version of BOTH the .NET Desktop Runtime, and the MS Access DB Engine 2016 Redistrubutable.

R_

PatriciaKJ
New Contributor II

RhettZufelt - Thank you so much!  I think I'm back in business. Your post was exactly what I needed at exactly the right time.

The steps I then took:

I removed existing Microsoft utilities, reinstalled them and confirmed an install of the Net Desktop Runtime 64 bit.  See https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

I also removed my existing 3.0 install and then installed it again.  I re-used an existing install download package.

An initial test run of a small file was slow but functional.  

Yay! now I can get back to work.

Thx, pkj

feralcatcolonist_old
Occasional Contributor II

For me it was just the Microsoft Access driver being out of date, Esri released a technical article for it.

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000027949

Likes an array of [cats, gardening, photography]
AlderMaps
Occasional Contributor

This fixed my issue; thanks!

0 Kudos
Orca654
New Contributor III

You cannot install 32-bit and 64-bit MS Access DB Engine 2016 Redistributable together on the same machine! That actually depends on o your Office version. If you have 64-bit Office, you only can install the 64-bit MS Access DB Engine 2016 Redistributable.

BTW, if you installed any updates from ESRI for now, say ArcGIS Pro 3.0.1, you will need to reinstall or "fix" MS Access DB Engine 2016 Redistributable again! Otherwise, the crash/Freeze will come up again.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

Not only can you install the 32-bit and 64-bit version of the MS Access DB Engine 2016 Redistributable together on the same machine, if you have both Pro and Desktop installed on that machine, you will most likely never get past these Excel issues until you do.

Depending on your Office version, you may need to do a silent install.

R_

0 Kudos
CityOfGardnerMA
New Contributor

This is not a solution to the problem. I have had all 4 of the described pieces installed from the beginning of 3.0 and nothing had fixed the issue. I later tried installing Microsoft Visual Studio, and every additional piece of .NET 6 32 bit and 64 bit in addition to what's noted in the solution, to no avail. I believe ExcelToSQLite64 is simply broken, as it is causing issues for others elsewhere outside of just excel to table.

0 Kudos
treistadbakk
New Contributor II

Thank you, but I'm not able to receive your help as I don't understand what on earth you're talking about. Tried Google and found this https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/6.0

Millions of options, nothing explained 🙂 

Is ".NET.." part of the ArcGIS installation process?  

0 Kudos