Table to dBase output is "info" folder, not .dbf

Jump to solution
05-17-2020 12:42 AM
OmriShitrit
New Contributor

I have a big (>500mb) .xyz file, which I want to import to my ArcGIS pro project. It has 3 columns and ~17 million rows.

Already converted to a text file and verified that it is read properly. I ran the "table to dBase" tool, the tool is reported to perform successfully, but:

1) output is not a dbf file, which I should be getting in order to display XY and Z data

2) instead, I am getting an "info" folder, which contains 4 files: DIR, DAT, NIT and XML. I see no optionality to import these into my project.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think the dBase output is that info folder, what use that info folder is I have no idea!  If you just want a .dbf use Table To Table—Conversion toolbox | Documentation 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think the dBase output is that info folder, what use that info folder is I have no idea!  If you just want a .dbf use Table To Table—Conversion toolbox | Documentation 

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would recommend making it a geodatabase table for file that size, using either of the recommended options in the

Table To dBASE—Conversion toolbox | Documentation 

The Copy Rows and Table To Table tools can also be used to convert a table to a dBASE file

gdb tables will function better than trying to work with a dbf.  

... sort of retired...
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I have a big (>500mb) .xyz file

Is your file extension *.xyz?  Many geoprocessing tools expect certain data formats to have matching file extensions. e.g., comma-delimited files have *.csv extensions.

0 Kudos