Table Fields Changing Automatically

01-08-2020 08:03 AM
DillonKubiatowicz
New Contributor II

I have maintenance categories and work status listed above in a table, I created a new field that includes both of them.  What I am trying to do is have the "symboltest" field change if I change the work status from open to complete and so on. Right now I can change the work status but if I do it doesn't reflect that in the new field.  Thanks for all help. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

You should be able to do this using Attribute Rules: Introduction to attribute rules—Geodatabases | ArcGIS Desktop Set up an immediate calculation rule on your SymbolTest field using an Arcade expression that concatenates the value from MaintenanceCategory with WorkStatus.  Then, when you change one of those values, the value of SymbolTest will update.

0 Kudos
DillonKubiatowicz
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

OK. The original post didn't mention feature service.  That error points to this: 002138: This operation is not supported against input datasets from a feature service—Help | ArcGIS ... 

Are you working with an enterprise geodatabase (did you publish the service from egdb)?  If so, you may still be able to leverage Attribute Rules in a service by following this Share datasets with attribute rules—Geodatabases | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos