Select to view content in your preferred language

Symbology Count Display/Labelling In the TOC?

Jump to solution
Tuesday
Labels (3)
DTD
by
New Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm trying to display the unique counts highlighted in red from two fields under the 'Symbology', unique values pane. I would preferably like to add them to the 'Contents' pane or add them to my label properties to display them on the map. They are the result of a one to many join from two tables. Is this even possible? Any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks.

DTD_0-1719347967062.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

I think what your looking for is to add a new field to the attribute table that holds the counts for each unique pairing of tract ID and Status. This can then be used in symbology or labeling.

A possible solution is to create a new text field to contain concatenated ID and Status field values with a visual delimiter such as a semicolon between values for easier reading something like (!TractID!+";"+!Status!); I'll call the field Conc. Then Summarize on field Conc setting the Statistics field to Conc --> Statistics Type to Count --> Case Field to Conc. This creates a new output table with the Count info you want that can then be joined back to the attribute table and extraneous fields cleaned up. Hope it works for you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BarryNorthey
Occasional Contributor III

I think what your looking for is to add a new field to the attribute table that holds the counts for each unique pairing of tract ID and Status. This can then be used in symbology or labeling.

A possible solution is to create a new text field to contain concatenated ID and Status field values with a visual delimiter such as a semicolon between values for easier reading something like (!TractID!+";"+!Status!); I'll call the field Conc. Then Summarize on field Conc setting the Statistics field to Conc --> Statistics Type to Count --> Case Field to Conc. This creates a new output table with the Count info you want that can then be joined back to the attribute table and extraneous fields cleaned up. Hope it works for you.

DTD
by
New Contributor

I appreciate the solution. This worked out great! Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!

0 Kudos