Select to view content in your preferred language

Swapping Attributes between shapes

Thursday
ljanin10
New Contributor II

Hi! I work on a farm and primarily use ArcGIS Pro for creating and editing maps on the farm. I have run into a situation where I need to completely flip the attributes for two shapes that are adjacent to each other. Is there an easy way to completely swap attributes?

6 Replies
Dan_DMR
New Contributor III

Have you tried the transfer attributes tool in the editing ribbon? 

0 Kudos
ljanin10
New Contributor II

I have tried it, but my issues (correct me if I am wrong) is that if I replace attributes from shape B with the attributes of shape A, then I don't have the attributes from shape B to put back into shape A.

0 Kudos
Dan_DMR
New Contributor III

My two thoughts are: 1. You can create a duplicate of one or both features and then use transfer attributes from the originals to the duplicates and delete the ones you don't need? or 2. if the two features are similar in shape/appearance you can move them around in your map.

0 Kudos
ljanin10
New Contributor II

Aha! Duplicating both features is a good idea, thank you!!

0 Kudos
Dan_DMR
New Contributor III

Let me know if it works. I was wracking my brain trying to figure out anything else but that's probably the best bet. 

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

You could try submitting this as an Idea to see what Esri says: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/idb-p/arcgis-pro-ideas