Suppress effect symbology in ArcPro doesn't show

09-03-2023 01:06 AM
Labels (1)
MennaBakir1993
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I'm currently attempting to utilize the new symbology Suppress effect in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1. Unfortunately, I'm unable to locate this feature in the symbology pane. It's worth mentioning that I'm using an advanced license.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to access and utilize the Suppress effect in ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 with an advanced license. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

MennaBakir1993_0-1693728070314.png

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Reference link

Use symbol effects—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and how to set them up and the list of effects

List of symbol effects—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi @MennaBakir1993 From the screenshot you included, it doesn't look like you have added control points to the line. See the help on control points https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/editing/introduction-to-control-points.htm Enable control points, add those and then you should be able to add the Suppress effect to your symbology and apply it. Hope that helps!

LaurentP
New Contributor II

My question with regards to this kind symbology is how to add it to the contents list. I see no option to do this except to create a dummy entry in the symbol class list (see attached image). Maybe an enhancement is required here!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos