Street Address Range Labeling

05-29-2020 08:18 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do not have a true address range grid and addressing I somewhat sporadic. Am trying to fulfill a request for a map that displays address ranges so the end user can decipher the transition of ranges pertaining to district boundaries.

Have gone through the SOP Label street address ranges—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation , but the centerline I am using is not processed to depict the width of the street like you would see with the Open Street Map streets. 

The goal would be to have four label classes:

- Left To & Right To Even 

- Left To & Right To Odd

- Left From & Right From Even

- Left From & Right From Odd

I do have an edge of pavement layer that I could work with using the centerline data in a spatial join.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Brian - on the Labeling contextual tab, in the Label Placement group, there's a Street Address (from) and a Street Address (to) label placement format that might work for you.  I used some Broomfield, CO centerline data with 4 numeric attribute fields of LeftFrom, LeftTo, RightFrom and RightTo and created something like this with 2 label classes.  Is this what you're seeing to do?  Please advise.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, you are correct. I would like to set up the labeling as you have then relate the ranges to the districts. Unfortunate this is going to be a rather large wall map instead of a web service.

Right now I have I have my map set up according to the ESRI SOP Label street address ranges—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation and then went ahead and used the Labeling contextual table like you stated. 

This is what it look like after changing the label placement to Street Address From / To for the respective class.

Still very wonky.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  Question for you - did you apply the 2nd label option for either left or right to the other Label Class?  It looks like the RightTo/LeftTo is not honoring the Label Placement template and is above the line.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Do you mean the secondary offset?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think the problem might lie with the segmentation of the center line and it being segmented at alleys and other non-major intersections.

Is the data your using segmented at every intersection? 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I think you may be right.  The data I'm using is a mix of segmented at every intersection and every block.  So in some cases I see similar results.

0 Kudos