Select to view content in your preferred language

Staging error when uploading to ArcGIS online, classic troubleshooting didn't work

Jump to solution
yesterday
RemyOlive
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to share 4 polygon layers to our ArcGIS online platform, which I have no problem doing on any other layer.

When getting to the "Consolidating data and staging web layer" part of the sharing, I get the following message: 

RemyOlive_0-1721921880891.png

RemyOlive_1-1721921908172.png

I already had this issue multiple times in the past, but I had always managed to find the issue with the help of the forums.

For now, I have ruled out the following:

- Path length is not too long

- Symbology is default

- No weird/special character in either the name or the attribute table of my layers

- Sharing one layer at a time does not work either

- Geometry has been repaired

The only thing that I haven't been able to find is whether my layers are too big, with around 5 million verticles, but I've seen people on the forums say it shouldn't be a problem. When limiting verticles the same issue arises.

I've also tried uploading on ArcGIS online through a manual upload of a zipped shapefile, but it seems the layers are too big to be displayed in their entirety, would that also cause the staging issue ?

Any help is appreciated, thank you !

Rémy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RemyOlive
New Contributor II

Solution found on my end: 
The problem seemed to be coming from my symbology, when changed from "Unique values" to "single symbol" the sharing job goes through just fine. 

Seems weird to me, as it was stated in the "Messages" before sharing that some of my layers had "Adanced renderer settings", but when I went to check here: 20027: Layer uses advanced renderer settings—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation none of the non-supported renders applied to my layers. 

Also this web page states:

Solution

Do one of the following:

• Do nothing. The web feature layer ignores the advanced settings.

Might be interesting to figure out why why this problem happens, as it shouldn't.

Rémy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Remy, this sounds like something Esri support could potentially help troubleshoot. I like all the steps you laid out for ruling things out. What about 'special' characters in the file path of the folder (like semi-colons, etc.)? That seems to get me a lot. I also wonder about weird characters or so in your attributes. I know you said you ruled out field names but what about in the attributes themselves? This should not be an issue but I had a similar issue with that in trying to simply export a route event line layer to just a regular feature class (I deleted some fields entirely and tried again and this worked).

0 Kudos
RemyOlive
New Contributor II

Hi Adrian,

My attribute table is only composed on values ranging from 0,1 to 2, so I don't think it would come from here, same for path special caracters, only letters.
Thanks for the help, I'll raise the issue with Esri support and try to single out what's the issue.

Rémy

0 Kudos
RemyOlive
New Contributor II

Solution found on my end: 
The problem seemed to be coming from my symbology, when changed from "Unique values" to "single symbol" the sharing job goes through just fine. 

Seems weird to me, as it was stated in the "Messages" before sharing that some of my layers had "Adanced renderer settings", but when I went to check here: 20027: Layer uses advanced renderer settings—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation none of the non-supported renders applied to my layers. 

Also this web page states:

Solution

Do one of the following:

• Do nothing. The web feature layer ignores the advanced settings.

Might be interesting to figure out why why this problem happens, as it shouldn't.

Rémy

0 Kudos