Select to view content in your preferred language

ST.area and St.lenght attributes while publishing

09-14-2023 08:56 AM
Labels (2)
ADITYAKUMAR1
Frequent Contributor

HI,

I want to publish feature service from ArcGIS pro to federated server. Whenever I do that I find 2 new attributes attached to the  polygon feature even though its not a part of the data. 

ADITYAKUMAR1_0-1694706674739.png

Any idea how to remove it as it does not allow me to create any new geometry because the nullable property is marked as false. Any idea how to make this property as true?

ADITYAKUMAR1_1-1694706752057.png

Thanks

Aditya 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
EarlMedina
Esri Regular Contributor

Those are system-generated fields and there's generally no reason to mess with them. What makes you say those fields are preventing you from creating new geometry?

0 Kudos
ADITYAKUMAR1
Frequent Contributor

@EarlMedina When I create the geometry except these 2 all other fields are getting populated.

ADITYAKUMAR1_0-1699337817426.png

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@ADITYAKUMAR1 

All ArcGIS polygon features have SHAPE, SHAPE_LENGTH, SHAPE_AREA fields by default. 

AyanPalit_0-1694713566478.png

All ArcGIS polyline features have SHAPE, SHAPE_LENGTH, fields by default.

AyanPalit_1-1694713681214.png

They are part of the geometry attributes and automatically maintained by ArcGIS as noted in the documentation: 

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geodatabases/overview/arcgis-field-data-types.htm 

The feature service attribution is simply a reflection of these fields and is not the cause for any errors. I would check edit geometry capabilities on the service and access/permissions. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos