Select to view content in your preferred language

Split by (optional) from Chart Properties is grayed out when Aggregation is set to <none>

09-01-2022 12:19 PM
jfdarveau
New Contributor

Hello Community,

I'm unable to complete the Visualize temporal data tutorial from the ArcGIS Pro quick-start tutorials. On step 12 of the Visualize trends with a line chart, I'm supposed to "Click the Split by drop-down arrow and click Name" but the drop-down menu is grayed out as soon as I set Aggregation to <none> on step 10.

The video doesn't show the same behavior (around 6:10).

I starded over again in case I did something wrong but I ended up with the same result.

I'm using ArcGis Pro 3.0.1 with the French language pack.

Is this a bug or I'm missing something.

Thanks for helping me!

Edit: I tried with ArcGIS Pro 2.9.4 and I was able to set Aggregation to <none>. I guess it might be a bug with 3.0.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, sorry for the late reply. It's not a bug with 3.0 but rather some new behavior which unfortunately we didn't reflect in the tutorial. To complete the tutorial in 3.0, you should make the following changes in the Visualize trends with a line chart section:

Step 10: Set the Aggregation setting to Sum. (It should be the default setting.)

The Split by option is now enabled and you can complete Steps 11 and 12. Now make a couple of adjustments:

• Under Time binning options, change the Interval size from 2 Years to 1 Year. (It doesn't make sense to sum percentages for multiple years.)
  • Uncheck the Trim incomplete interval box. (Otherwise, the last year of data is omitted.)

In the English UI it looks like this:

chartproperties.png

We will definitely fix the tutorial steps for the 3.1 release; I hope we can make a fix sooner in a patch. Thanks for bringing the problem to our attention and, again, sorry for the late reply. With quick-start tutorials, or any other documentation, you can also use the Feedback on this topic? link at the bottom of the web page to report problems.

Thanks,

Tim