Spatial map series altered centering or bookmark map series with page query?

11-03-2023 02:45 PM
KaraG
by
New Contributor III

I created a map series with a point layer as the index layer. The problem is, I don't necessarily want each page to be automatically centered around each point; there are other features that need to be visible on the map. Is there a way to change the map position for each page, similar to how you can change the extent for each page? Barring that, I could just make bookmarks for each page that I need, but I need to be able to use a page query for the index layer (sometimes there are multiple points from the index layer clustered together, and I only want to show the one that the map pertains to). How do I combine the features I need from both spatial and bookmark map series? Would a strip map layer solve my problem? Can I use page queries with that? Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

I think a map series map frame constraint might solve your problem. You can user a linked map series shape constraint with an intersecting layer. To do this you might need another map frame to drive the map series. You can have a map frame turned off or off the page driving the map series, and only show the linked map frame. Does that make sense? Learn more about linked map frame constraints here:  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/layouts/customizing-your-map-extent.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_...

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
KaraG
by
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't quite figure out how to apply this to my particular issue. I ended up just making a new point layer centered where I wanted each page to be centered with the extent I wanted in a column in the attribute table, and then just used page queries with that to only show the relevant features for each page.