Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial Join Street Centerlines and Intersections

Jump to solution
10-31-2022 10:21 AM
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I have a Lines Feature Class (13,000 street centerlines) and a Points Feature Class (7,000 intersections). Each point intersects from 1 to 4 lines. I would like all the lines that intersect each point to include the attributes from the points. Any ideas on how this can be done? I tried spatial join and it did not seem to get me what I need as explained here: 

I have used the spatial join geoprocessing tool. But this only joins 1 to 4 of the intersecting lines to each point but does not do so at every location. As shown in this image, the green points are intersections, the blue lines are the lines that a point was spatially joined too, the red lines are what was not spatially joined.

SpatialJoin screenshot for FME Forum.PNG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I used this Geoprocessing Tool and it worked perfectly. I joined based on spatial location when the points intersected with lines and all the attributes from points are now included in the lines, no null values: Join Features (GeoAnalytics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Take a look at this article, though for ArcMap, the same features are available in Pro,

You find the join options in the Fields area of the GP tool in Pro.

R_

TimHayes3
Occasional Contributor

I used this Geoprocessing Tool and it worked perfectly. I joined based on spatial location when the points intersected with lines and all the attributes from points are now included in the lines, no null values: Join Features (GeoAnalytics)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

0 Kudos