spatial join multiple feature classes into one target feature

05-05-2020 08:20 PM
JiongGao
New Contributor

I'd like use model builder to spatial join multiple feature classes (in split.gdb, all is point data ) into one target feature (ug). I just need to get one feature which has the count of different point (feature classes in split.gdb) in different area (in feature class ug). But after running the model I get as much feature classes as in split.gdb, which means that every  feature class is joined seperately. I want to iterate the feature class every step with the dotted line arrow but it failed. What should I do if I want to get only one feature class? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

From my understanding, Spatial Join only takes 2 feature classes/layers, so you would end up with one for every point fc.

Perhaps you could merge your point fcs into a temporary fc and then do a spatial join it to Ug?

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos
JiongGao
New Contributor

Hi Mark, thanks. My question is like kind of recursion loop. Here is a folder with fc A1,A2,...An,  I want to join A1 to B1 and get B2, then I need to join A2 to B2 ... until I join all the fc into 1 fc. What I need to get is the count_number of each A which can be appended in new fc. I think merge cannot make the function of spatial count?

0 Kudos
mdonnelly
Esri Contributor

While it might be possible to find a way to do this in model builder I would recommend that you use Python for complex iterations, such as recursion. You have much more programming flexibility there.

Regards,
Mark
0 Kudos