Spatial Analyst - Focal Statistics - No output?

Jump to solution
08-17-2017 11:36 AM
ChrisMan
New Contributor III

I'm running a simple analysis of a raster layer containing discrete elevation values, using the Focal Statistics tool from within the Spatial Analyst toolbox.

Each time I have run the tool it returns no results, I have checked through the environment variables and selected different options within 'Focal Statistics' however the output is still empty.

I have the results saved (and hopefully attached).

Any help appreciated, I am hoping I'm tired and I've made a simple mistake.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You are still using an mdb.  export the inputs into a simple folder and use that folder for the inputs and the outputs.  The file source and destination may be the issue.  Use a file geodatabase rather than a personal geodatabase at least.  again c:\test as the folder for the source and destination and try the output as a *.tif

And I assume inputs are in the same coordinate system!?

ChrisMan
New Contributor III

(Dan - yes the inputs are both the same projection)

Many thanks to you all, resolved now.

I shortened the file path, the problem still occurred.

When I changed the output to a File geodatabase with a *.tif output format it ran perfectly.

One question - is this because the personal geodatabase cannot handle the required output format?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Chris... As I said in your other post.. haven't use a personal geodatabase in years.  *tif is now the recommended raster format and either use a folder or a file geodatabase as you go forward