Spatial Analysis in ArcGIS Pro

05-04-2019 10:11 PM
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

I have large related database table and I want to ask several spatial questions by calling on the table within ArcGIS Pro.

How do I go about it?

If I am to use SQL statements if that is the option, how will it look like to ask several questions within ArcGIS pro?

Please I need suggestions to the best possible ways to ask spatial questions within arcgis pro.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Hello. I am using model builder but confuse as tools required to run in order to get my output for a question like : "What is the total sum of a single tree specie at a  specific location in a particular year". I will build a back-end like GUI through the model through which the user can interact with to select the specie, location, and the year which will give output of the numbers. I hope you get what I am trying to say. Thanks. I need the tools to run the model of that type. In addition it is a related database table

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Right now I need to develop my own geoprocessing tools either with python or model-builder to carry out spatial query of the related table for instance  " what is the population of a particular bird specie in a particular location in a certain year and month.

I will appreciate if I get a sample of python script or model-builder for such question, as I will still ask as many spatial questions but getting what the code will look like will give me a startup. Thanks.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

If you still have access to ArcMap use Modelbuilder and then export as python script (This was yanked out of Pro early on but is returning in 2.4). Then make some minor modifications for the Pro python environment so the python script will run in Pro.

If you need extra python modules you will need to clone your Pro python environment so please be aware of that.

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Thanks..Please can you give me a sample code to start...atleast for that spatial question asked above.

0 Kudos