Select to view content in your preferred language

Spatial analysis how do find near features containing attributes within a specific threshold

06-07-2022 08:58 AM
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

Confused on how to do some specific spatial analysis.  

I have a point feature class where each feature contains a numerical attribute.  I want to highlight all features that are within x miles of another one another AND the difference between any two attributes is less than y.  How can this be accomplished in Pro?

The result I'm looking for pairs of features who are within x miles and who's attributes are within y units of one another.  Thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jay - so the first part of the question can be answered by the Generate Near Table with the search radius being set to a particular distance and the checkbox for "find only nearest feature" checked off.  This create a standalone table where items are ranked 1 to n for distances.  Now the second part for the field calculation  of any two attributes less than y is something I'm still looking at...

0 Kudos
Jay_Gregory
Regular Contributor

Right - thanks for this.  Generate Near Table and then some additional joins and simple math is doing the trick.  I'm doing it with Python but could be done in Pro as well.  I was just wondering if there was an Analysis tool that did the whole thing for you - seems like a common workflow.  

Thanks!