Snap (Editing tool) Questions

08-30-2023 04:06 PM
tzz_12
by
New Contributor III

Hi Everyone, 

I'm trying to snap a feature class 1 output to another polygon feature class 2. I am not sure why it's taking forever to complete the task.  The polygon feature class 2 is relatively big, because it takes around 2-3 minutes to load. Could that be the reason? Have you encounter this problem before and how did you resolve it? 

I was also wondering why when I tried to snap feature class 1 by edge type, it does snap to feature class 2, but it also kept it's original unsnap position as well? Please see the photos attached. The first photo shows only feature class 1 (red polygon outline) with the top line as the original position and the bottom line as the snap positions created after snapping feature class 1 to feature class 2. The second photo shows the blue outline of feature class 2, which align with the snapped outline of feature class 1 (red polygon outline). 

tzz_12_0-1693438076191.png

tzz_12_1-1693438104967.png

Thanks for your help!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In the top photo on the upper right, there appears to be an outward segment suggesting that the features don't have the same number of segments.  Can you confirm the number of vertices in both features (hence segments).

See Snap (Editing)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation for some other possible issues

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
TristenDenton4
New Contributor III

To expedite loading times I suggest downloading the map for offline use ( it will only download to your frame and scale), then you could make the edits and sync them with the active layer. I also snap using edit vertices and digitizing it. Your snapping settings can be altered for specific cases too but I'm sure you know that. 

0 Kudos
tzz_12
by
New Contributor III

Thanks Tristen! I tried to do the snap when the ArcGIS Pro is offline and use 100% for the parallel processing factor, but it is still taking a long time to snap the feature. Was that what you meant by downloading the map for offline use? Thanks!

0 Kudos