Slow behaviour in Arcgis Pro 1.2

03-09-2016 01:43 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have upgraded to Arcgis Pro 1.2 and it feels like everything takes so long time compared to Arcgis Pro 1.1.

Of course it could be something else with my computer, but if someone else has experienced the same it would be interesting. Right now Qgis is 10 times faster than Arcgis Pro and that shouldn´t be the case.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have now tested to uninstall Arcgis Pro 1.2 and install Arcgis Pro 1.1 and there were an extreme big difference in speed. A join and export of a table with 100 k records took 30 minutes in Arcgis Pro 1.2 and in Arcgis 1.1 it took 15 seconds!

I will now test to uninstall Arcgis pro 1.1 and install 1.2 again from scratch in order to reveal if its something to do with the updating process.

Edit - I did a fresh install and the same slow behaviour apperared. Time to get back to Arcgis Pro 1.1 and get some work done. But I will miss all the new functions they made in Arcgis Pro 1.2.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Johan,

Can you give us some more info?  Specifically, what data source your test case (100k records joined and exported) was using?

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Jeremy,

The datasource was two features (polygons) located in the working database of arcgis pro on a local hdd.

I assume that the working database is a file geodatabase of the latest format.

Regards Johan.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Johan,

OK so the two polys were in the _same_ database, which matches the issue confirmed in our testing. 

The team responsible has been notified and they'll investigate the source of the performance issue.  Thanks for letting us know!

FWIW the draw and data access of the single feature class without a join was confirmed by our regression tests and the team's testing to be much faster than 1.1.x, so clearly this is a case that needs to be looked into further for optimization.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Johan,

Just heard back from the team responsible, they've logged issue BUG-000094983 for this problem.  You can use that number to track the issue through normal support channels.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, in order to investigate this issue further I tried to reproduce the bug a third time. I wasn´t succesful. If I encounter the problem once more and is succesful in reproducing it I will contact the support againg. But in the meantime I will consider Arcgis Pro 1.2 as fast as 1.1.

It could be something that went wrong in the installation - but now it works so I am happy.

0 Kudos