Should files in staging area be deleting themselves after publishing?

Jump to solution
02-02-2020 06:58 PM
LanceKirby2
Occasional Contributor II

I've noticed after publishing data to my server that files are left in a folder structure called "SharingProcesses". This folder is located on my C drive at the following location C:\Users\userName\AppData\Local\ESRI\ArcGISPro\Staging\SharingProcesses. From what I have read, these should be deleting themselves. Could anyone speak to this? Also, if they aren't automatically cleaned up is there any recourse for deleting them myself?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Lance,

My guess is that you are referring to the following section of the Share and download options from the help documentation: Share and download options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

Depending on what you are sharing, certain files will be automatically deleted. For example, if you are sharing packages, they are staged in the folder and deleted after the package is uploaded. (You can see this happening if you navigate to the folder while publishing is in progress.)

The files that would be automatically deleted already have been after sharing has been completed. The remaining files in your SharingProcesses folder can be removed manually. The recommended workflow is to clear the Job Queue from ArcGIS Pro. See this: Sharing job status—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop. Clicking Remove Finished Jobs will delete the files and job folders in your SharingProcesses folder.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Jonah

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonahLay
Esri Contributor

Hi Lance,

My guess is that you are referring to the following section of the Share and download options from the help documentation: Share and download options—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

Depending on what you are sharing, certain files will be automatically deleted. For example, if you are sharing packages, they are staged in the folder and deleted after the package is uploaded. (You can see this happening if you navigate to the folder while publishing is in progress.)

The files that would be automatically deleted already have been after sharing has been completed. The remaining files in your SharingProcesses folder can be removed manually. The recommended workflow is to clear the Job Queue from ArcGIS Pro. See this: Sharing job status—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop. Clicking Remove Finished Jobs will delete the files and job folders in your SharingProcesses folder.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Jonah