Sharing a Scene

Jump to solution
01-28-2015 02:59 AM
IonutAlixandroae
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I`m having quite a problem sharing a 3D Scene made in ArcGIS Pro.

I have some buildings ( polygon vector data) and some streets ( line vector data)  under 3D Layers in Content; I have applied a procedural rule to those buildings to appear in 3D.

After that I shared the scene to my resources in ArcGIS Online and I had 2 warnings :

1. 24080 - Ensure scene is authored correctly before sharing

2. 24077 - Layre`s simbol will be downgraded

I ignored them I waited for my scene to be exported; When I opened the scene there were no 3D buildings, only the streets..

Do you know what those warnings mean? ( How should I author my scene) and why my buildings don`t appear in the scene in Online?

Thanks,

Ionut

0 Kudos
12 Replies
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Hi Lars,

Yes, with ArcGIS Server 10.3.1 you will be able to host multipatch content as streaming 3D services. ArcGIS Pro 1.1 (coming out shortly after 10.3.1) will have a rich authoring and publishing user experience for multipatches, plus you will be able to publish and manage services directly from Portal.

Thanks, Nathan.

Lars_ElmkærChwastek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your answer, that sounds great and I can't wait! I have another question regarding sharing to a webscene. If I have a dataset with for instance Earthquake data, that has a depth, will I be able to share this as a webscene and see the data below the surface??

I've tried with the Northridge dataset, and the sharing goes through nicely. However, when I open the webscene in ArcGIS.com, it gives me an error with the URL for that specific earthquake layer...?

/Lars

0 Kudos
NathanShephard
Esri Contributor

Hi Lars,

Unfortunately the current, streaming-service-driven web scene viewer does not allow you to navigate the camera underground. It's in our future dev plans...

However, all is not lost. You can use the (previously released) "CityEngine Web Scene" to do it. You can publish these from either ArcScene (using the 'Export to 3D Web Scene' GP tool) or from CityEngine. Both methods collate the data and symbology into a .3ws file that you can then host as an item online. When viewing this type of web scene, users are effectively downloading the file and viewing it from their local cache. It has the same advantages (no app download, no plugin, etc) as our next-generation web scene, though it is not recommended for large datasets because all the content has to be exported with the file.

Here's our "3D Minard's Map" example you can look at, where a section of the earth has been clipped out and shared as a CityEngine Web Scene (published from ArcScene):

- http://carto.maps.arcgis.com/apps/CEWebViewer/viewer.html?3dWebScene=2b48caaabd0e44028724c5f109f3de9...

Thanks, Nathan.

0 Kudos