Select to view content in your preferred language

Shared hosted web layer symbolizing using domains coded values instead of domains description when in edit mode in WebMap

08-28-2024 03:27 PM
NakiddeLightonCRP
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I have a feature layer symbolized using Domains, and it displays correctly in both ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online, with the symbology showing up as expected in the layers and Legend. However, when I use the edit tool, the layer displays the coded values of the Domains instead of their descriptions. This is problematic, especially since the plan is to use the Web Map in an Experience Builder app for data collection, where users need to see the descriptions, not the codes. Is there a way to adjust this so that the descriptions are visible during editing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@NakiddeLightonCRP What do you mean by "edit tool"? Somewhere in ArcGIS Pro or do you mean in the ArcGIS Online map viewer?

0 Kudos
NakiddeLightonCRP
Emerging Contributor

Edit in ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
NakiddeLightonCRP
Emerging Contributor

NakiddeLightonCRP_0-1724945378518.png

This is the legend

0 Kudos
NakiddeLightonCRP
Emerging Contributor

NakiddeLightonCRP_1-1724945434893.png

On the right is when I open the edit tool

0 Kudos
NakiddeLightonCRP
Emerging Contributor

@Scott_Harris Have you found a solution to my problem?

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

@NakiddeLightonCRP Sorry I don't have an answer. I suggest contacting Esri Technical Support and/or asking your question in the ArcGIS Online place https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online/ct-p/arcgis-online

0 Kudos