Select to view content in your preferred language

How long should the Project Raster tool take to run?

Jump to solution
09-10-2024 03:54 PM
L77
by
Frequent Contributor

I am using ArcPro 3.2.1

I have a 1.25 GB drone image that is projected to state plane. I am using the Project Raster tool to change it to WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere, so that I can publish in in ArcGIS Online to use in a web map.

How long should the Project Raster tool take to run? I haven't processed imagery in several years and typically the percent processed would show up, but it only says "running". It has been running for 30 minutes with no indication that anything is happening, so I am wondering if the process is frozen?

L77_0-1726008786696.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
L77
by
Frequent Contributor

I let it run for an hour then stopped the process, closed Arc Pro and reopened the project.

Then I ran Project Raster again but this time I selected the drop down menu for the output cell size, (see documentation)

L77_0-1726059959155.png

L77_1-1726059991892.png

It took less than 5 minutes to run and worked well. So I think I just needed to use the drop down menu to select the cell size.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RTPL_AU
Frequent Contributor

@L77 If the reproject fails you could bring it into a map as-is in Pro, apply the transformation to the map and create the AGOL-suitable tile pack in Pro. Saves having to waste credits doing the tiling in AGOL.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Project Raster (Data Management)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

cubic convolution will take longer and if those x, y values are the cell size, then they are quite small (about 0.027 m

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
L77
by
Frequent Contributor

I let it run for an hour then stopped the process, closed Arc Pro and reopened the project.

Then I ran Project Raster again but this time I selected the drop down menu for the output cell size, (see documentation)

L77_0-1726059959155.png

L77_1-1726059991892.png

It took less than 5 minutes to run and worked well. So I think I just needed to use the drop down menu to select the cell size.

0 Kudos