Select to view content in your preferred language

Share an Image Service to a standalone Server from ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
04-01-2024 04:15 PM
GIS_Enjoyer
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS Enterprise Server 10.8.1, standalone without a Portal. I also have ArcGIS Pro 3.2 and ArcMap 10.8.2.

In my ArcGIS Pro, I have some DEM .tif files under "2D Layers" with custom color ramp and those same DEM .tif files in "Ground" for the 3D elevation. I followed this blog: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/3d-gis/3d-gis/creating-and-using-elevation-layers-in-arcgi...

I want to share this whole scene as an Image Service to my standalone Server so that this service can be used inside SceneView in my JS code.

Thus I have 2 questions:

1. Without the Portal, the Web Scene button under Share is grayed out. Is there a workaround?

2. I was able to publish those same DEM .tif files in ArcMap to my Server as a Map Service. Do you know if Map Service will be usable for 3D terrain in SceneView.

12 Replies
tigerwoulds
Occasional Contributor III

Start with a clean slate: delete any favorites you have for this database connection. Next, rather than adding a connection to your favorites, add a new database connection from catalog view > right click databases > new database connection.

Once the connection is established and working as expected, you can right click > add to favorites. 

MohammedZaki
New Contributor III

Hello @GIS_Enjoyer 

I have the same issue. Do you solve it?

0 Kudos
GIS_Enjoyer
New Contributor III

I ended up not using ArcGIS Pro. I used ArcPy script instead to publish the Terrain Image Service.

As a side note, for some reason, directly publishing to the server from the script failed. So I created a SD file first and used the Server Manager webpage to do it manually.

0 Kudos