Set default raster NoData value for project, or change NoData in batch

10-04-2022 04:27 PM
Labels (2)
ElijahMlawsky
New Contributor II

I would like all geotiffs generated in my current project to have a default NoData value of -9999 instead of -3.40282346639e+038. If there is no way to set this value as a project default or environment setting, then what would be the best way to change the value as a batch operation on many rasters at once?

In ArcMap 10.7, I was able batch the "Copy Raster" tool and set the NoData value from there. However, in ArcGIS Pro, the Batch Copy Raster tool won't let me input a custom value in the NoData field (after typing in -9999, it snaps back to "3.4e+38"). I have not tried saving the batch tool and overwriting the value in a Python command yet, but would prefer a GUI solution to instruct other users on.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are they all the same type of raster? (eg 16, 32 bit) or are there some differences?

I had no problem with regular rasters but I didn't try geotiffs.  But try -9999. with the decimal point since your original nodata value is for floating point rasters

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
ElijahMlawsky
New Contributor II
I did try it with the decimal, and they should be exactly the same type in this instance…
0 Kudos