Service Area Network Analyst Issues - ArcPro

Jump to solution
12-11-2017 11:46 AM
VictoriaAnderson1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am having an issue with generating my service area polygons. Everything works smoothly until I click "run".

Here is the process I have gone through:

- I have 15 facilities that I am trying to run the analysis for

- All are geocoded with a 100% match

- I selected Network Analysis, then Service Area

-Network Data Source is set to esri.com (Default)

- "Make New Analysis Layer: <Service Area Layer>" runs and then finished

-Network Analyst tab and Service Area tab open

- "import facilities is selected"

-Geoprocessing pane opens

-Defaults for everything are taken

-input locations: "my layer of 15 points"

-"Run"

-Works perfect, locations are loaded.

-"Run Analysis"

-"Solve Analysis Layer: Service Area 1"

------->"Failed. "Error 030024: Solve returned a failure. Failed to execute (Solve)"

Any ideas on the issue or how to fix it? I have tried changing the cut offs, mode, direction, polygon settings, and changing all settings in parameters. I have plenty of credits, so that shouldn't be an issue either. 

Thanks!
Victoria 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Victoria and Aaron.  We have fixed the ArcGIS Online Services.  Your Service Areas should be working again from ArcGIS Pro.  I'm very sorry for the trouble, and please let me know if you experience any further difficulties.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AaronFrutos
New Contributor

I am having the same exact problem with two separate projects. Just two weeks ago it was working just fine. I have even added just one facility and the Solve tool returns an error.

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello, Victoria and Aaron.  We are able to reproduce the problem and are investigating it.  The ArcGIS Online Services were upgraded to a newer version about a week ago, and it seems that this upgrade has most likely caused the problem.  Sorry for the trouble!  We will post something here when we have more news.

Aaron, it's not clear from your post whether you're using an existing project with a Service Area layer saved in it or whether you've just created a new layer.  If it's a fresh layer created since the ArcGIS Online upgrade, then you're probably seeing Victoria's problem.  If, on the other hand, you're using an older layer saved inside a project that's been around since before the upgrade, then you're probably running into a different problem.  You would need to re-create the Service Area layer.  However, then you would run into Victoria's problem anyway.

VictoriaAnderson1
New Contributor II

Hey Aaron,

I ran into the same thing. I'm actually trying to use this on two separate projects as well. But when I first began the project and ran it a little over a week ago it worked just fine and I was able to make my service area polygons (which is great because I need them for a report tomorrow). But then I did the same thing the next day and it could not recreate it. 

Thanks Melinda! I'll keep my eyes open for future news regarding this issue!

MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Victoria and Aaron.  We have fixed the ArcGIS Online Services.  Your Service Areas should be working again from ArcGIS Pro.  I'm very sorry for the trouble, and please let me know if you experience any further difficulties.

ChristophHoeser
New Contributor II

using ArcGIS Pro 2.3.1

trying to make Service areas

working fine, but split is not possible, always getting overlap, 

obviously problems @ESRI not solved

ArcGIS unprofessional 2.3.1

serviceareas‌ serviceareapolygonfailure‌ split features #network-analyst

0 Kudos
MelindaMorang
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you please clarify the details of your problem?

Specifically:

• Are you using the ArcGIS Online services, or are you using a local network dataset?
  • Are you using the ribbon UI, or are you using geoprocessing tools, python, etc.?
  • Are you getting an error message when you choose to split the polygons, or is it just accepting the split option and giving you overlapping polygons in the result?  If the former, please paste the error message.  If the latter, please post a screenshot.
0 Kudos