Server Credentials Save Issue - ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3

Jump to solution
06-20-2019 02:00 PM
MikeSchiewe
New Contributor II

I have an ArcGIS Pro project where I'm connected to ArcGIS Server services in my map.  If I save my project and open it at a later date I get the dialog box below asking me for user name and password.  This dialog comes up every time I open the project:

@

Yes, I have checked 'Save Username / Password'.  I have set up a connection to the server in Catalog.  Is this a bug, or am I missing something?  Thanks in advance for any insight into this issue.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
MichaelMorgan4
Occasional Contributor

It appears as though this problem is persisting through a long series of Arc Pro versions, starting at least with 2.3.3 in 2019. I am now experiencing this problem with an imagery service in Arc Pro 2.9.0. Might there be a problem saving these credentials other than with just the Arc Pro software? Some possibilities:

• whether signed into a portal (either Arc Online or Arc Portal)?
  • whether saving credential to Windows Credential Manager or connection file. I just tested this and then found the site, username, and dotted password in the Windows Credential Manager, so at least this does appear to be saved and working as advertised.
  • whether your chosen server connection will allow this kind of login.

I also noticed that there does not seem to be an option to not save credentials if you want to be super secret about it; there is only "save to WCM" or "save to connection".

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello, the problem still exists in version 2.9.3.
An ArcGIS Server was correctly integrated and is also automatically connected with the stored connection parameters when the project is restarted, but the inserted layers from the server connection in the "TOC" expect a new entry of the connection parameters.

Is there a workaround here or is it simply a bug that does not want to/must not/can not be fixed?

MatthewCriel
New Contributor III

same credential window pops up when posting/reconcile of branch version.

Post still worked without filling in the credentials.

Running ArcPro 3.0.0

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There is one related BUGs that may be the cause of this:

BUG-000126705 - When making a server connection, saved credentials in ArcGIS Pro are not utilized when accessing non-public service and users are prompted for credentials.  (Fixed at ArcGIS Pro 3.1)

Not sure of the ArcGIS Pro 3.1 release data but I suspect sometime Q1/Q2 of 2023.

0 Kudos
KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

Unfortunately, seeing this in Pro 3.1.  I am connected to ArcGIS Online in a Pro Project.  The two AGOL layers I'm using were operating happily, and at some point Pro asked for this authentication.  I am connected to AGOL and can see my content.  The two layers seem fine in AGOL in my web browser.  Pro just will not connect to them and refused the username and password that are correct.

Other layers in the same AGOL account can be added to the Project map without issue.

Kevin
0 Kudos
mjdmorgan
New Contributor II

This problem might actually be solved by looking directly at Windows Credential Manager for duplicated URLs. I recently upgraded to Arc Pro 3.1, and then my projects kept asking for credentials to an imagery service. This problem seems to be done after I opened WCM (Start button, search for "credential") and removed all but one entry for the same server (in this case, http: // hxgncontent.com). I believe I kept the longest line with the most parameters.

KevinMayall
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for this suggestion.  I did not see an entry in Windows Credential Manager using these particular credentials.  However, I did solve the problem by clearing ArcGIS Pro's display cache in the application options.

Kevin
ClintBoaz1
New Contributor III

I am still having this issue in 3.1.3.  I see my credentials saved in Windows Credential Manager.  I tried clearing ArcGIS Pro's display cache however for me this got rid of the credentials popup but the streaming layer does not display...

0 Kudos