Selection Tool in Pro not working properly

Jump to solution
08-16-2019 01:26 PM
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

The selection tool will not work correctly in ArcPro. When I try to select using the tool, nothing happens. I have rebuilt spatial index on file DB. I have tried on different DB's (including file and SDE). It will not work. However, if I select using the table, I can unselect using the tool. Makes no sense. I have the latest version of Pro (updated and tested before I posted this).

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

this button was not checked by default after loading,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,seems odd. At least it is fixed. Thanks to Rishabh at ESRI Support

View solution in original post

6 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Starting with the simplest thing I can think of, have you checked your List By Selection settings to ensure that your layers are selectable?

LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Yes. All features are selectable.

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

Kory,

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Sorry, Larry.  No.  If this is still occurring it would be best to now work with technical support to troubleshoot.

https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

this button was not checked by default after loading,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,seems odd. At least it is fixed. Thanks to Rishabh at ESRI Support

KeithAddison1
Occasional Contributor III

I've tried everything and I still can't select or identify anything from this GDB polygon dataset I have.  It contains several hundred thousand features.  I've concluded Pro just can't handle a dataset that large without bugs.  The workaround is get rid of all unneeded features.

0 Kudos