Selection from coded-value domain list reverts to previous value in a feature service field

03-21-2019 06:57 AM
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I have an AGOL hosted feature service pulled into my Pro project (Pro version 2.3.1).  I have made some changes to the domain values.  When I click in a field, the revised list is shown.  I select a value, which shows in the field.  When I move to another field, the value reverts back to the former value, and an 'Update table row' error box appears stating "Value doesn't fall within Domain: Options," yet the values are listed in the domain drop-down.  I have poked around in the '...rest/admin/services....' code (update definition), but nothing I do rectifies the issue.  Strangely, in a few select attribute fields, the selected value does 'stick,' but the majority of the attempted changes do not.  When I open the Domains tab on the Ribbon, the domain name does not show, and I see a message that 'The domains for this workspace are read only.'  I am trying to change a field value from 'Free' to 'No Charge,' which seems simple enough.  Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayHodny
Occasional Contributor III

I found a GeoNet post that suggested using the 'feature class to geodatabase' GP tool, to save each feature layer in the service as a class in (my case) a FGDB. I could then update the fields with the coded-value domain, and then publish the each class to a feature service.  I am doing this now for the eight or so layers I have, and it appears to work.

0 Kudos