Select feature tool not working

02-04-2021 09:02 PM
JudyBai
New Contributor II

Hello, I feel frustrated while using selection tools.

The version of my ArcGIS Pro is 2.7.1

In the scene view, no matter what feature I click, all features in the layer will be marked, and it always select the other feature (I Checked with attribute table.). How can this problem be solved? Please give me some advice.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Hey - I'm not sure I understand as in the demo provided, you select one feature geomtery, and one feature is selected in the attribute table, not all the layers. Is the feature selected in the scene [the geomtery] the resulting feature that is selected in blue in the table?

Excelsior.
0 Kudos
JudyBai
New Contributor II

Hi Mary,

No, it's not the resulting feature in the attribute table.
The feature selected in the attribute table is wrong.
The one I clicked in the scene is not the one selected in the attribute table.
No matter which feature I clicked in the scene, it showed the same feature in the attribute table.

In the demo, I tried to select two different features in the scene, but resulted the same feature in the attribute table.

0 Kudos
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying! Can you give us a little more information about the layer you are working with? For example, is it a shapefile? A feature class in a gdb? Does it use a projected coordiante system? Has any preprocessing occurred on this layer e.g. dissolve?

Excelsior.
0 Kudos
JudyBai
New Contributor II

The layer is a feature class in gdb, I created the feature class through the Catalog pane and gave the projection, no other preprocessing was carried out.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

click alternate records in the table to see what gets highlighted, and

make sure that you haven't set something in the table of contents that limits layer selection

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
JudyBai
New Contributor II

Hay Dan, thanks for your reply.

I tried to click different features in the attribute table and only one feature (the one always get highlighted in the attribute table no matter what I click in the scene)  would let all features in the scene get highlighted.

As for other features, they wouldn't get highlighted in the scene after clicking in the attribute table, but with the Zoom To tool, I can zoom to the correct feature.
I checked the contents pane, and the layer is selectable.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Try this test.  Create a new file geodatabase and copy the feature class to the new file geodatabase.  Add the new feature class to your scene and repeat your workflow.  Is it repeatable?

JudyBai
New Contributor II

Hi Robert, I tried the workflow you said but the problem still exists.😢

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Judy - drat!  Okay try this, export the feature class out to XML Workspace document, create a new file geodatabase and import the XML Workspace document into the new gdb.  Repeat the workflow again.  What is the result?

0 Kudos