Select ALL rows in Attribute Table (Pro)

Jump to solution
06-02-2021 08:07 AM
ZacharyUhlmann1
Occasional Contributor III

Title says it all!  In Desktop there was a select all option in drop down.  Not seeing that in Pro?  Seems peculiar...anybody have workarounds not involving sql queries?  Thanks!  Zach

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With no row selected, Switch Selection does the same.

JayantaPoddar_0-1622647565865.png

Think Location

View solution in original post

17 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

With no row selected, Switch Selection does the same.

JayantaPoddar_0-1622647565865.png

Think Location
ZacharyUhlmann1

nice hack!  My solution for the next 3 years until I finally get around to implementing @jcarlson more elegant solution...

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's one of the commands that got a spot up in the ribbon, under the Table section.

jcarlson_0-1622648262230.png

You can also find this under the Data tab as well, withe the layer selected in your Contents panel.

jcarlson_1-1622648336366.png

If it's a tool you'd rather keep close at hand, you can create a custom ribbon tab that has all your favorite tools and commands in one place.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/get-started/customize-the-ribbon.htm

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Missed it 😅

Think Location
0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's easy to miss things in those dynamic ribbon tabs! That's why I like making my own.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
ZacharyUhlmann1

Thanks Josh.  I honestly am not that familiar with the differences between ribbons, sections, tabs, etc. Needless to say I don't have or am unable to locate Table or Data.  I've just recently switched to Pro.  WAY more productive so far, particularly toggling between layouts and maps and developing workflows in Notebooks.  Adding your solution to my To Do List.  

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

The ribbon is the series of commands and menus along the top of the application interface. It's similar to what you see elsewhere, like Microsoft Word, Excel, etc, and keeps things grouped together by theme or function.

It's a major jump from the setup in ArcMap, and especially in the case of the dynamic tab groups, it can take some time to get familiar with where things are.

In the image posted earlier, you can see "normal" tabs, like Insert, View, and Share. These are always visible in Pro. Next to that, you can see "dynamic" tab groups, highlighted in color. These tabs are normally hidden, but appear in the right context.

Table appears when the active pane is an Attribute Table. Feature Layer appears when a feature layer is selected in your Contents. Other groups, like Parcels or Time, appear when you have a particular kind dataset in the active map, or a certain tool is active.

As you get familiar with Pro, you may end up using the various tools where they're placed, but being able to customize things (or right-click and select Add to Quick Access) can be handy for keeping your favorite tools visible.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
ZacharyUhlmann1

Thanks Josh (googling location of Kendal County out of curiousity...guessing WI...Close! - Illinois!  Or San Antonio-ish!).  Pro is MUCH nicer than Desktop.  I really like the Views and multiple map documents I can set up in a project.  The Jupyter Notebook functionality is a huge timesaver and important tool to teach others Python and share functionality and develop scripts.  

So Dynamic Tabs are highlighted - Check.  Already stumbling through the new layout.  It's weird how I can edit layers withOUT being prompted to consider starting an edit session.  I imagine there is some way to lock editing by default.

The ONLY hesitancy I have with Pro is how it appears reliant on internet access - at least to check licenses.  I imagine I can set it up to work offline - haven't tried...  

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can allow "checking out" of licenses to work either offline or in situations when you don't have network access to wherever your licenses are hosted. But be careful! If your license is checked out on a machine, you can't use Pro anywhere else until it's checked back in!

Learned that the hard way, having to dig through my IT dept's "to-be-nuked" hard drive bin to find my old hard drive, thankfully still intact, and check the license back in.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos