Scale-based symbol sizing

02-04-2022 07:44 AM
Labels (1)
MaureenKerr
New Contributor II

I have a Pro Project with a layer that has 600 individual points displayed, I would like to be able to use the Scale-based symbol sizing option to allow these points to get bigger as I zoom in but I can only see this option available on an individual symbol level, it does not give me the option to do this in Format all Symbols.  Is there something I am missing or has anyone found a work around that means I don't have to edit 600 individual symbols?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Maureen, you can apply scale-based sizing to all the symbols in a layer. The option is on the Symbology pane, under Format Point Symbol, on the Properties tab. Described in the help topic Scale-based symbol sizing

scale-based-sizing.png

0 Kudos
MaureenKerr
New Contributor II

Hi Tim

Sorry I wasn’t clear I meant that one layer is set to unique values and there are 600 unique values. I can see that setting if I go into an individual value but I don’t see it if I try to set it for the layer as a whole. 

0 Kudos
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

@TimOrmsby  , Are scale-based sizing supported in MMPK files? I am hoping to use it on my point symbols that are also using custom rotations (from Arcade expression). Thank you.

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ramon, scale-based symbol sizing is supported by the ArcGIS Pro app for symbols in map layers. It's not a property of the data, so I don't think it matters how the data is packaged. But if you're consuming the data in other apps, it won't work unless those apps also support scale-based sizing.

0 Kudos
TimOrmsby
Esri Regular Contributor

oh, I see... would setting a reference scale for the map work for you? Map reference scales You can do that on a per-layer basis within the map.

0 Kudos