Save project with maps for distribution

Jump to solution
06-29-2021 04:04 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I create a project, I use map layers from multiple location. Those locations and map layers sometimes move or are removed. 

I want to save the project, and have all associated information saved within the project file for ArcGIS Pro on the desktop. Is there a simple way to do this (save button with option to save all associated content) without converting each layer?

If I need to convert each layer, can I please be directed to instructions.

Previously if I want to distribute a project, I save the project as a web layer, however, due to organisation security, I cannot send these externally. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User , 

how are you storing the feature layers in your project packages? are you adding them in by gdb, or URL, sde? 

A good way to manage multiple layers, that are subject to change, is to add the layers in by using URL's, if you don't have one you can share layers in portal, and reference the layers back from portal into your project package.

This also ensures that edits made to the features/ feature services are reflected back into all the products ( ie the project packages)

let me know about how you add in the layers, and I would be happy to help 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User , 

how are you storing the feature layers in your project packages? are you adding them in by gdb, or URL, sde? 

A good way to manage multiple layers, that are subject to change, is to add the layers in by using URL's, if you don't have one you can share layers in portal, and reference the layers back from portal into your project package.

This also ensures that edits made to the features/ feature services are reflected back into all the products ( ie the project packages)

let me know about how you add in the layers, and I would be happy to help 

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Keiren, 
I hadn't thought about uploading to portal and using a URL within the project. That may be the best option for me moving forward.

I currently import layers;

• dwg. and similar CAD files, drag and drop onto map
  • shp. files are opened through Map - Layer Tab -> add data -> data

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Yes in a simple manner, adding Dwg and Shapefiles for reuse in the portal is a good way forward. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know 

Regards

Keiren 

0 Kudos