Select to view content in your preferred language

Run model builder only on features selected in map

Jump to solution
Wednesday
Labels (3)
avonmoos
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to run a custom model on only the features I currently have selected in my map window? Everything I've come up with updates the entire feature set. Also while testing my model I'm having to constantly edit the join count as it keeps climbing even though I'm removing the join at the end of each instance?? Ideas?

The model essentially is pulling an attribute from my parcel layer and calculating it into a field with the same name in my address point feature.

test.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Are you talking about manually selecting features on the map window or processing only the features that match the Select Layer by Attributes tool?  If the selection is coming from the tool, you might want to use MakeFeatureLayer instead with the same where clause.  This will give you a layer only containing the rows matching the attribute query.

If I select features on the map, the calculate tool will only work with features that are selected in the map, if no selection, will work against all features (so, just skip the select by atts).

R_

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
emarcelloni
New Contributor II

Hello @avonmoos this works fine for me in ArcGis Pro. 

You could check if your FeatureLayer have a selection using the "If Selection Exists" from Logical. Use the true Branch as a Pre-Condition to "Iterate Feature Selection"

Regards Esteban!

ifselection.png

0 Kudos
avonmoos
Occasional Contributor

That didn't do anything but freeze my machine up when I added it in to my current model. Not sure what's going on with it but I set it up how you suggested. I'll do some more research and try and test other methods for now.

RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Are you talking about manually selecting features on the map window or processing only the features that match the Select Layer by Attributes tool?  If the selection is coming from the tool, you might want to use MakeFeatureLayer instead with the same where clause.  This will give you a layer only containing the rows matching the attribute query.

If I select features on the map, the calculate tool will only work with features that are selected in the map, if no selection, will work against all features (so, just skip the select by atts).

R_

0 Kudos