Select to view content in your preferred language

Route Animations with times

08-01-2022 04:38 AM
MarkCooper5
Frequent Contributor

Hi

We have created routes for our waste collection vehicles in ArcGIS Pro (only basic routing s we were told which round each property was on). This has produced a list of stops and the estimated arrival time at each stop and a route along the network.

We now wish to create an animation of the route. From what I see I can do this two ways, neither of which show me what I really want:

1) Create an animation from the points. This shows the time at each stop but where there are parts of the route with no collections, the animation will jump to the next point 

2) Create many points along the route and split the route at these points and then animate this. This will animate the whole route but will not be able to see the actual time at any point in the route.

What I really want is to be able to show the whole route as in method 2, but also display the time at any point along that route and eventually show multiple routes at the same time so it can be seen if any vehicles are on the same road at the same time, which would cause issues.

To do this the rout line would need to be split at each stop and each line segment be given a start/end time. Does anyone know if this can be done in Pro and, if so, how?

Many thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies