Rotation for layers with "scale-based symbol classes" not working on MMPK files

08-06-2022 11:53 AM
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

I applied "scale-based symbol classes" on my layers so that the I can use different size of the symbol or alternative symbols at various scale of the map. It looks good on ArcGIS Pro, but when exported into a MMPK file, the layers with "scale-based symbol classes" lost the rotation ( i.e. an Arcade based expression).

I noticed that the layers with no "scale-based symbol classes" the custom rotation displayed correctly on the MMPK file, so it seems that the issue lies with the MMPK not being able to support symbol rotations for "scale-based symbol classes".

Has anyone had the same issue or know of any workaround to keep the symbol rotations on the MMPK files for "scale-based symbol classes"?

Ramon_de_Leon_0-1659811640011.png

Ramon_de_Leon_1-1659811662426.png

Update (08/10/2022) - Tried opening the MMPK file in ArcGIS Explorer (was using it on a 3rd party app previously) and it seems that every layer with "scale-based symbol classes" is not showing at all. Then when I zoom into the map around street-level, Explorer just crashes. When I do "Analyze" in share MMPK file in ArcGIS pro, there it doesn't have any warning message.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ramon_de_Leon
Occasional Contributor

Identified as a bug:

#BUG-000151715 ArcGIS Explorer for windows does not support alternate Symbols in MMPK

0 Kudos