Rotate Feature by degree in Pro

Jump to solution
02-20-2019 07:41 AM
Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

Does anyone know how to use the rotate editing tool in ArcGIS Pro to rotate a feature by an exact degree? This can be done in ArcMap and I can't figure out how to do this in pro. In ArcMap to achieve this you do the following.

1. Click the Rotate tool Rotate Tool on the Editor toolbar.
  2. Click anywhere on the map and drag the pointer to rotate the feature to the desired orientation. To specify the exact degree of rotation, press the A key, and type the number of degrees. The angle is applied relative to the current orientation. A positive number rotates the feature to the right; a negative number rotates it to the left. Angular units are determined by the angular or direction units setting on the Units tab of the Editing Options dialog box.

I cannot find this functionality in ArcGIS Pro.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Charlie - to rotate selected features by a typed in degree, click the Edit core tab, Modify in the Features group, the Rotate command in the Alignment group, move your mouse over the yellow dot, click the A button on your keyboard and type in your numeric value.  Make sure the UI is using dd as the units.  Your feature will rotate the specified degrees.  I'm using AGP 2.3.0 to test this functionality.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Charlie - to rotate selected features by a typed in degree, click the Edit core tab, Modify in the Features group, the Rotate command in the Alignment group, move your mouse over the yellow dot, click the A button on your keyboard and type in your numeric value.  Make sure the UI is using dd as the units.  Your feature will rotate the specified degrees.  I'm using AGP 2.3.0 to test this functionality.

Mtclimber03
Occasional Contributor

I knew this function had to be hiding in Pro. The part I was missing is that initiating the rotate tool and pressing A on the keyboard is not enough to enable as in ArcMap. In order to get the Angle window to open I had to actually have the rotate cursor appear on the screen and hover the cursor over the green circle. Otherwise, it would not open that dialog. I may be making a stretch here but it seems it would be helpful for the UX team to enable this function on selection of the rotate tool when a feature is selected. Rather than having to also hover over the green circle before this option is enabled.

Either way I've got what I need now. Thanks guys!

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You bet!  Would you be able to mark one of the answers as correct to close out this thread?  Happy ArcGIS Pro'ing!

0 Kudos