Reverse Geocode

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 07:06 AM
GISGEOMETRICA
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm working whit the ArcGIS Server geocode service in ArcGIS Pro to reverse geocoding, first using a few points in some small city, but in the result does not show me the address number, Can anyone help me?

Regards,

Elizabeth

GISGEOMETRICA_0-1618495523310.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - thx for the information.  In ArcGIS Pro, I went to same area as you have in your map and tested the "What's Here?" workflow and also did not get an address number.  I then went southwest towards the City of Antofagasta and did the "What's Here?" workflow and DID get an address number.  This tells me the Esri World Geocoding Service does not have address numbering for your area of interest just the street name or street intersection.

For addressing with no house number, there is a company called "What 3 Words" that uses a combination of 3 unique words for a geospatial location.  You can read more about it here

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Question - are you using the Reverse Geocoding geoprocessing tool?  The reason I ask is the attribute table would have fields starting with REV_.

0 Kudos
GISGEOMETRICA
New Contributor II

Robert,  

thank you for your prompt reply , yes Im using the Reverse Geocoding geoprocessing tool in ARCGIS PRO, why the field have to star twhit REV_ ?,  thank you again.

Elizabeth 

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Thx for the information.  The output of the geoprocessing tool creates new fields with the REV_ .  You don't have to have your input fields start with REV_ - sorry for the confusion.

In the Map View, if you do a right-click on one of your points and select "What's here?" - does it return an address number?

0 Kudos
GISGEOMETRICA
New Contributor II

in the Map View , appear the street, the city, the country and other information, but no the address number, this appears me when i click:  

GISGEOMETRICA_0-1618500781839.png

thank u

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Okay - thx for the information.  In ArcGIS Pro, I went to same area as you have in your map and tested the "What's Here?" workflow and also did not get an address number.  I then went southwest towards the City of Antofagasta and did the "What's Here?" workflow and DID get an address number.  This tells me the Esri World Geocoding Service does not have address numbering for your area of interest just the street name or street intersection.

For addressing with no house number, there is a company called "What 3 Words" that uses a combination of 3 unique words for a geospatial location.  You can read more about it here

0 Kudos
GISGEOMETRICA
New Contributor II

Thank robert,

I will try the option you mention