Hello old friends,
In ArcGIS pro 2.3 when i attempt to symbolize using "Unique Values" on a feature class that is joined to table i get the "Requested operation could not be completed".
I get this error regardless if i am symbolizing on one field or two or in a field in the feature class or the table, however when i remove the join guess what?
Can ArcGIS Pro 2.3 not handle symbolizing when in a join is in place or am i missing something?
Capture 1.jpg - with join.
Capture 2.jpg - w/o join
Data is in a versioned enterprise sql database.
I'm not able to throw the error in same environment and workflow. Exact steps to reproduce? What type of SQL database? What version of SQL? What type of versioning? Where is the table? What kind of Join? How many records in the feature class? How many records in the table? Same error if you bring the data into a FGDB? This is probably best solved with a call to tech support.
My version is ArcGIS Pro 2.3.2
I had same error message "Requested operation could not be completed" when attempted to change symbology from Single Symbol to "Unique Values" (this feature class has more than 100 unique values). I also noticed followings.
1. Failed to open its attribute table (getting message something like "Could not load the data, General error...."
2. I was able to view same feature class in ArcCatalog 10.5.1
3. I was able to view same feature class in ArcGIS Desktop 10.5.1. and able to change symbology to Unique Values
After attempting to fix this issue with my limited knowledge (refresh, remove feature class from Contents Pane and add it again, close the project and reopen...), my application suddenly closed without any warnings. I then open it and the issue was fixed!!
I have no idea as to why or how this happened but thought to share what I experienced.
Sorry that you're running into this. I shared this with the development team and they are able to reproduce the error when working with a versioned table with a join and unique values. They have logged this as an issue to get fixed.
The internal issue I referred to above is showing as fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.5. That is scheduled to be released on February 6th so keep an eye out.
Hope this helps.