Report Example

08-16-2021 08:26 AM
ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

I am interested in making a basic report in ArcGIS Pro.

It would contain: A bar graph,

Statistics such as the number of points with  value A the number of points with value B, the number of Points with Value C and along with the percentage points of each of these values.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlyciaRajendran_esri
Esri Contributor

Hello!

I would recommend starting with our help documentation: Reports in ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation. When creating the report, it sounds like you will want to use a Basic Summary template: Report templates and styling—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

If the report's data source is a map layer, you can create charts: Make a chart—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation; then, you can include them in your report: Include a chart frame—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation.

I hope this helps! 

- Alycia

ScottLehto3
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Alycia. The tutorial gets me part of the way there. 

I can run a report and display an attribute value(s) for the records in the reports but how would I customize the report to run a custom calculation?

For instance, in the ESRI Tutorial: Tutorial: Create and modify a report—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation , how would a user run the report by displaying Population Difference for each state (Population 2000-Population 1990) for each record.

Please see the attached png.

Thanks,
Scott

sroberts_uuF21
New Contributor II

@ScottLehto3  and @AlyciaRajendran_esri  I am also trying to determine how to do calculations within the report function without having to add new fields to my feature class. Are calculations within the report function in Pro supported? Thanks! Siona